Thursday, June 17, 2010

HELP! Could someone tell me the best way I can keep my maltese's hair from tangling&knottin

I brush%26amp;wash my maltese dog(SAMSON) on a regular basis!



I brush his hair and even use a detangler to make his hair look as pretty as can be,but it still wants to tangle and knot up,and when I try to brush him he cries! Can anyone tell me the BEST way to keep his hair in EXC.Cond.? SERIOUS ANSWERS ONLY! No KIDDING!



HELP! Could someone tell me the best way I can keep my maltese's hair from tangling%26amp;knotting?

If you want to keep him in a full coat then the only way to do this is to brush daily. Maltese have a very fine coat which will tangle easily. Most dogs with this type of hair have their coat 'wrapped' or banded to hold it off the ground. They only come out of wraps and bands when they are being shown.



I would bath weekly using a quality conditioner to make the hair smooth. Blow dry as straight as possible as that will help.



HELP! Could someone tell me the best way I can keep my maltese's hair from tangling%26amp;knotting?

Shave it.



HELP! Could someone tell me the best way I can keep my maltese's hair from tangling%26amp;knotting?

This may help - try putting baby powder on his coat once it is dry before brushing. A lady who breeds lagotto romagnolos does this for her dogs (she shows them). It may work for your maltese as well.



Blessings, Gypsy Queen



HELP! Could someone tell me the best way I can keep my maltese's hair from tangling%26amp;knotting?

my friend had a similer problem wih her lasha apso she ties the coat up when he goes out if its wet.



HELP! Could someone tell me the best way I can keep my maltese's hair from tangling%26amp;knotting?

i have found that as soon as you have finished washing your dog is to spray a dog treated cond to untangel the knots or even way you are washing your dog, brush it then whilst you have the cond on its coat. As for keeping it untangeled, you may have to shorten the coat a little, not much! as for the crying, i can't help you there, all i can suggest is just brush it whilst her/his coat is wet and in the middle of the bath then after, remember to brush from the ends to the skin... and that washing your dog to often can be bad! you are striping there hair from the good oils! once every 8-10 days is recommended.



HELP! Could someone tell me the best way I can keep my maltese's hair from tangling%26amp;knotting?

Use human conditioner or spray on leave in conditioner for dogs available at any groomer. Then brush wet and then again once it's dry.



HELP! Could someone tell me the best way I can keep my maltese's hair from tangling%26amp;knotting?

Sassy, I don't know if this will work on Samson but it worked wonders on the horses I used to show. You might want to check with your local groom shop,too. This is what I used: the very best "detangler" I found was Downey. That's right! The kind you use in your laundry. It also softens the hair. Then while the hair is still wet I would work "Show Sheen" into their manes %26amp; tail %26amp; rub (in the direction the hair grows) on their entire body. Neither of these products harmed the horses skin or hair. Good luck!!



HELP! Could someone tell me the best way I can keep my maltese's hair from tangling%26amp;knotting?

Don't brush the dogs hair when it is wet all you will be doing is stretching and breaking off the hair. Plush tangles are worse wet. The only thing I could tell you is to brush her every day.. Other than that I really don't think there is much you can do. When you brush him just talk to him gently try to make it a special time between you and your dog. I think Maltese are very pretty dogs. Good luck to you and I know what you are talking about because my Shih Tzu's are the same way. You also might try taken her to a groomer once every 4 to 6 weeks. Just brush her everyday would be my best bet.



Let me add this..I just read where someone said use Downey..Only use Downey if you happen to run out of condition for your dog. I have use Downey in a pinch, but shouldn't be used on a every day basic.



HELP! Could someone tell me the best way I can keep my maltese's hair from tangling%26amp;knotting?

I am going to throw in one thing no one else has thought of. Maybe some vegitable oil in his food might help. it wont hurt. I know I have the same problem with my yorkies. it is because they drag there hair threw the dust on the floor. come one once a month washing????? my dogs are in twice a week exspecially if they rolled in rabbit poo. the sauve conditioner works fine and I brush it in wet. It doens't pull on the knots so much when wet. I haven't tried the talc yet but I might try that. I just try not to keep my dogs hair to long so it doesn't drag and it has been easier. but if you stop washing for a month they will be a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security