Friday, November 27, 2009

Healthy Hair - Am I missing anything?

I have decided to grow out my hair, but I don't just want long hair, I want HEALTHY long hair. I cut off 3-4 inches of damage and have stopped using heat tools (no more hair dryer, straightening iron or curling iron). The last time I dyed my hair was about 5 weeks ago with a low ammonia permanent hair color and I will wait as long as possible to color again. I wash my hair every other day and use a good conditioner. I also take a multi-vitamin, plus a separate vitamin of Biotin. I never brush wet hair and try to give myself a scalp massage a couple of times per week.



I want to add 5-6 inches of length, so roughly 10-12 months of growing ahead. Is there anything else I should be doing to maximize my hair growth and encourage healthy hair?



Healthy Hair - Am I missing anything?

1) Use a wide toothed comb to de-tangle your hair. Start from the ends and work your way up to minimize tearing.



2) Use a microfiber towel to speed up air drying.



3) Do not brush you hair while it is wet. Hair is most prone to breakage when it is wet.



Healthy Hair - Am I missing anything?

Eat a lot of fish.



I hear that Omega in fish helps the growth of hair, as well as just being generally good for you.



(Especially Salmon)



Healthy Hair - Am I missing anything?

What is your hair texture do you have really dead hair?



if so- you should put conditioner in your hair for 30 minutes and then wash it out.



I have actually found that blow drying your hair on cool makes your hair much softer



you need healthy hair to grow it long- it will take probably a year to grow it 6"



Healthy Hair - Am I missing anything?

The things I have read are a start in a good direction for pretty, shiny healthy hair. Do you have to wash your hair every other day? Washing every other day can be drying and make it break off. If you feel your hair seems a little dirty you could rinse it really well without shampooing and use a conditioner to freshen it up and that would save on using harsh shampoo. I do know that taking flax see oil around 1000 mg a day is very good for the hair. I think all of this should produce some really pretty and managable hair . And in 10-12 months (since hair grows on average around an 1/2 inch per month it will look fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security