Saturday, November 28, 2009

OMG my hair is SO dead... whats the best treatment?

I have very long , very thick, very straight hair. Ive died it so many times in my life and I regret it. I constantly have to brush my hair all day or all hell breaks loose. My husband refuses to let me cut my hair so Im starting to make him brush my hair lol. But its still painfull and ill brush the whole thing then seconds later it needs to be brushed again and alllll the knots are back, Does anyone know of any leave in treatments, shampoos and conditoners or detanglers that work the best?...Ive tryed...



Panteen~ sucks



Dove~ Sucks



Garneai Fructus Sleek and Shine~ Works well but not all the time and half the time the stores dont have both shampoo and conditioner...



Ive also tryed hello hydration which smells like heaven and actually does something to my hair but I always use a whole bottle for two showers... I need something that WORKS and will "cure" my hair either then chopping it off.... any ideas?



Thanks ladies!!!! Or men whatever floats your boat ;)



OMG my hair is SO dead... whats the best treatment?

tre-semme



or sunsilk



OMG my hair is SO dead... whats the best treatment?

Sounds like the best thing for your hair is for it to get about.. 2 inches off? At least that.



OMG my hair is SO dead... whats the best treatment?

Mmm. If I were you I'd try Herbal Essences Break's Over. Smells good and it seems to be repairing my hair... slowly, but it's going.



Try not to straight iron, curl, or blow-dry your hair. If you must, use a heat protecting spray. You can get one at your local drugstore for about $10.



Good Luck!!



OMG my hair is SO dead... whats the best treatment?

I say you should see a beautician from here on out or at least until your hair is healthy again. you will be surprised what they can do. They really can revive your hair and give it that look that you're dying to have.



OMG my hair is SO dead... whats the best treatment?

i've heard lots of things you could prob just google it..



some of the things would prob be..



..sleep on a silk pillow



..put conditioner on your ends and sleep in it and wash it out the following morning



..don't wash your hair everyday



..use a cream with sunscreen on hair if you are exposed to lots of sun



..don't blow dry/straighten/curl your hair everyday



..eat healthy- has something to do with that



OMG my hair is SO dead... whats the best treatment?

Vo5 hot oil treatment before washing your hair. I personally use BMP 12 in 1 hair treatment after that. Here is the link so you can get it too.



http://www.bluebeez.com/goods_detail.php...



OMG my hair is SO dead... whats the best treatment?

I highly recommend that you begin by go to a hair salon and get a deep conditioning treatment- it sounds like your hair could really benefit from one. The people at the salon would probably be happy to help you with your hair problems, too, and can recommend some products for you to use (beware of this, though - they're probably required to promote the products sold by that salon, whether they like them or not). If this is not an option, invest in products created specifically for your hair type. I also recommend that you go to www.thebeautybrains.com. It sounds like you've been let down by a lot of products, and, although you might have to do some searching on the site, you will probably be able to find out why it happened, and thus can avoid wasting your money in the future.



Also, treat your hair like it's precious. You seem to have wronged it multiple times, so it could definitely use some babying - refrain from heat styling as much as possible, shampoo your hair only when it's absolutely necessary, don't yank at your hair (especially when wet), buy a silk or satin pillowcase, condition daily, deep-condition weekly (at home, but get it done at a salon on average once a month - their treatments are stronger), and certainly don't subject it to more processing.



In addition, try living a healthy lifestyle (cut down stress, eat healthy, exercise, take multivitamins, sleep enough, drink water, etc.) to encourage healthy hair growth so that you can eventually cut off all the damaged hair and start anew.



Best of luck, I'm sure your hair will be gorgeous in no time!!!



OMG my hair is SO dead... whats the best treatment?

Firstly, you'd probably be better off giving the hair colour changes a rest, particularly if you're using drugstore brands. I used to be a serial hair colour abuser and I've paid a hefty price for it, in more ways than one. To be fair, my hair is probably not that much like yours, as mine is chin-length and fine. I did olive oil treatments a few times a week not too long ago and that has helped with the condition of my hair - it's less tangly, for sure. All I did was mix light extra virgin olive oil with water in a small squeeze bottle and pour that on. I only used about a tablespoon of oil, and then lots of warm water. The first time I did this, I left it in overnight (you may want to wear a shower cap to prevent messing up your pillow). Then I washed it out with a gentle shampoo. Try to find one without any sulfates in it - if you have a health food store near you, that's a good place to look. Also, you might have to shampoo more than once after this process. Actually, I use a similar technique to the one I just described for shampooing to get the oil out, meaning that I mix shampoo in a (different) bottle with water. This way the shampoo "travels" through the entire length of your hair. This helped rid me of the dryness. Now I'm using Nature's Gate herbal chamomile conditioner and it seems to be helping somewhat, too.



Good luck.



OMG my hair is SO dead... whats the best treatment?

I'm a serial hair dyer/hair cutter/hair destroyer. Over the years I've learned how to whip it back into shape. Your problem isn't your product. Sure, they'll condition your hair, but over time these products cause build up, making your hair dull, oily, and tangly.



Wash your hair with your regular regime, but once a week use a CLEAR shampoo. I use Sauve. It costs $1 at Wal-mart and it works fine. Clear shampoos don't have the heavy chemicals that cause buildup. In fact, the clear shampoo removes the build up you have.



After you've removed the build up, then it's okay to condition. I use light spray in conditioners. They keep my hair untangled, soft, and manageable. After I spray it in, I comb through my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security