Sunday, November 22, 2009

Matted hair?

My cats hair keeps matting. He's part Main Coon, so if you know about cats he's very large and has super long hair. I brush him as much as I can, but it's painful to him. I can't afford a groomer right now so I'm thinking of just shaving the parts of him that get so matted, mainly under his front legs. Anything you guys do that keep your cats hair from matting?



Matted hair?

i'VE GOT the same problem with my Siamese, she's got beautifully long hair, it mats under her legs, what I've done, is when she's sleeping or letting me get her belly, I will cut out the matts.....She's finicky, and prissy,and scaredy anyway, I dont want to take her to the groomers, poor thing, so I do it myself, the best that I can.



Get you a shed ender from wal-mart I bought one last night,a nd that thing gets fur out from the undercoats! She's looking so much better now...talk about hair!!! whoo weee!!! but it did the trick!



Matted hair?

Take your cat to the groomers, give him a Lion cut.



Matted hair?

I've had the same problem before with a 'happily lazy' overweight cat. Used to cut the really bad spots out and try to comb her everyday but that really didn't work.



Now she just gets shaved once ever few months.



She seems happier without all the hair to have to groom.



Matted hair?

Groom your cat more gently, or use a rubber comb/brush.



Also, make the house hotter and he'll start losing some fur because of it, should make it easier.



Matted hair?

I have a Norwegian Forest cat wannabe and he has trouble with matting. He has that double coat that combs don't really get through. Mostly on his right side on which he lies every night on the couch. The mats form in the back on the sides near his hips and he absolutely doesn't want me to touch them. I comb him around his head and all the way back behind the shoulders and when I reach the mats he grabs my hand and clamps his teeth on it. He doesn't "bite" and he definitely lets me know I am not allowed to do that!



Sometimes I can tease them out a little and when they get really bad the vet techs will use the clippers to take them out. Two of them can really give him a good combout too.



Matted hair?

my vet gives me valum for my cat so i can inject her before shaving her matts off .i am serious. cats do not like the sound of clippers, and it is painful to her also. thats what has worked the best for me. i do save up money to take her for grooming every few months tho, she needs a good clean bath. but cats dont like strangers, so whatever happens..make sure you are their to make him feel comfortable.



Matted hair?

I have two persian cats so I know exactly what you mean. When there's a mat in the hair I brush them out there while holding the strand of hair so they don't feel the pain. I used the round brush first and then I use the metal fine-tooth comb. The metal comb usually does the trick but sometimes the mats are really bad so you just have the cut it. I find that giving them baths reguarly (once every 2 weeks) helps a lot too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security